How Much Can You Claim?
It is impossible to tell you how much you can claim in personal injury compensation without properly reviewing your case and your particular circumstances. Although you may read about compensation award amounts for accidents similar to yours, you don't know what that person has suffered, what their expenses or financial losses were and other details that their award amount would have been based on.
The personal injury compensation you will be able to claim will depend on various factors, such as:-
- The severity of your injury - is it permanent or will it heal?
- How much pain and suffering you have been through
- Whether the accident has left you with some type of disability or the inability to work or do your particular job
- How your injury has affected your life
- How your injury may affect you in the future
- Your financial losses and expenses incurred
- Whether you will have expenses in the future which are due to your injury or condition
- In the case of a fatality - Funeral expenses, the impact on a family's life and whether there was anyone dependent on the deceased for income and care.
If you can prove that you have suffered an injury, and perhaps financial losses, as the result of an accident that was not your fault, then you should be able to get a fair amount of compensation to help you rebuild your life and cope with the financial ramifications of your accident.
Money grabbing people who make spurious claims for injuries are unlikely to be successful in this day and age where courts are requiring real proof of the accident, the extent of your injuries, the impact on your life and what expenses have been incurred. This should not put off people who have a real case and who have really suffered at the hands of someone else. A specialist personal injury solicitor will be able to help genuine people build a successful personal injury compensation claim and win an amount that is suitable for their situation and circumstances.
We can offer you free advice for your particular situation and put you in touch with an experienced specialist personal injury lawyer who will be able to advise you on whether you actually have a case, what evidence and proof you need to gather to build your case, advise you on the likelihood of success and even give you an idea of what compensation you may receive. You will need to be able to provide proof of the accident, your injury and any expenses or loss of earnings.
To get advice today, simply fill in our online claim form, which asks for some very basic information to start the ball rolling, or phone our friendly advisers on our claim line.